What are the requirements for starting new utility service?

To start new utility service you will need to fill out an application and have a valid form of identification such as a driver’s license, a state ID, a passport, a TWIC card, or a Federal ID if a business. There is a $125 deposit for residential service and a commercial deposit based on the type of business being set up, the deposit varies from $125 to $1,000 or more.

The deposit can be waived for residential service only as long as the customer can provide evidence from their previous water utility that they had water service in the past 12 months without any late fees. Bring the application and ID with the deposit to the Water Department in city hall 710 E San Augustine St during working hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you need further assistance, please call the Water Department at 281-478-7221.

Show All Answers

1. Does the city provide electronic delivery of utility bills?
2. What are the requirements for starting new utility service?
3. Does the city offer a property tax homestead exemption?
4. Where can I pay my property taxes?
5. When are property taxes due?
6. When is my bill due?
7. Where can I pay my city utility bill?
8. How do I read my water meter or check for leaks?
9. When is my water meter read?
10. Does the city make adjustments for leaks or filling pools?
11. When is garbage picked up?
12. Where can I purchase garbage bags?
13. Does the city offer automatic draft to pay my utility bill? if so, how do i sign up?
14. Does the city accept credit card payments? Are the payments accepted online or by phone?
15. What is the city's property tax rate?
16. Does the city offer an over 65 or disability exemption?
17. Where do I get more information on the value being assessed on my house or information on exemptions?